So last year I did a few 5k's so now I'm working toward a 10K. I'm running my first one in June and can't believe how hard it is to make the switch from running 3 miles to running 6! Taking basically all of December off probably didn't help things much either :/
Anyway, as I've been getting going again I've been collecting fun songs to listen to/work out to and I thought I'd share some. Some of these songs have quick tempos but for the most part they are songs with a really strong beat that helps me keep on pace. I try to average about a 12 minute pace which means that sometimes I'm running at a 10 min. pace and sometimes I'm walking at a 14 min. pace. In an ideal world I would just jog the whole thing straight through but I'm not there yet.
My friend Angela and I have been running together for about the last 4 months. I worked my way through a couch to 5K program which was great but never really helped with my speed. (My average is 39 min.) That worked fine for the 5K but now that we are working toward the 10K I really want to focus on speed as well as endurance. So we've recently started running 2 minutes, walking 1 minute, running 2, walking1, etc. It feels a lot harder and I was pleasantly surprised that it shaved 3 minutes off my time!
Anyway, this playlist has been great to get me through the walking/running process. Some are fast and some are slow but they all motivate me and help pass the time! This list straight through gives you just over an hour of music. I'm no expert on running but I'm giving it a shot. You can too! Give some of these songs a try and see what you think.
1) The Distance by Cake
2) My Songs Know What you Did in the Dark (Light Em UP) by Fallout Boy
3) Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler
4) Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
5) Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy
6) Can't Stop Partying by Weezer (edited version)
7) Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
8) Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
9) Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm
10) The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
11) Any Way You Want It by Journey
12) (If you're Wondering if I Want You To) I Want You To by Weezer
13) Why Pt. 2 by Collective Soul
14) Come Original by 311
15) 50 Ways to Say Goodbye by Train
16) Elevation by U2
17) Roar by Katy Perry