Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (adapted from whatisonyourmenu.com)
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/3 cup honey
1 lime, juiced
1 T chili powder (I usually use less than 1 T. and add a little bit of chipotle chili powder too)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup green enchilada sauce
2 ¼ cups 505 green chile sauce
4 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepperjack, montery jack all work)
2-3 oz. cream cheese (optional)
1/4 c. green chilies (optional, I just love green chilies so I add them)
8 flour tortillas
Instructions:1) Combine honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder in a bowl.
2) Add shredded chicken to honey mixture and stir to coat chicken. Set aside.
3) Combine enchilada sauce and green chile sauce in a small bowl.
4) Pour 1 cup of the green sauce mixture in the bottom of the pan and spread to coat.
5) Place 1/8 of chicken mixture and 1/3 cup cheese in a flour tortilla. Roll tortilla and place it in pan, seam side down. Continue with remaining tortillas.
6) Top enchiladas with remaining green sauce and any extra cheese.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Follow steps 1-6 above. Cover with a double layer of foil and freeze.